The much awaited KTM Adventure arrived in India at India Bike Week in December 2019. The India version comes with a few minor changes which appears to be a cost cutting measure. The two major changes are absence of adjustable front suspensions and a different set of tyres. The international version of KTM 390 Adventure comes at significantly higher price than the Indian version.
The price for India version of KTM 390 Adventure has been fixed at INR 2.99 Lakh (Delhi Ex-Showroom). There has been an increase of INR 5000 in the price for KTM 390 Adventure in India since May 2020. This means that current ex showroom price for KTM 390 Adventure is 3.04Lakh in India.
There will be various powerparts and accessories available for it through the official dealerships at additional cost. Multiple Indian manufactures have also introduced accessories for KTM 390 Adventure. Given the price tag of almost 3 Lakh before taxes it creates a unique position for itself in the less competitive segment of affordable adventure bikes in India.
The KTM 390 Adventure is aimed squarely at motorcyclists who desire a bike to handle short and long tours, traversing tarmac roads as well as all kinds of offroad stretches like gravel, slush, water crossing or sand. There is no spoked wheels but then it is not meant for hardcore off-road performance. It should perform reasonably well in all kinds of roads. The dual sports stock tyres will aid in better fuel economy.
It is significantly costlier than the much celebrated Royal Enfield Himalayan but also comes with numerous additional features. It will also compete with BMW GS310 adventure bikes. It will be an obvious choice over BMW GS310 and Kawasaki Versys 300 given the premium features.
With the launch of KTM 390 Adventure, now there’s finally one bike which could be a reliable adventure tourer while being on the affordable side.
Some of the major features include:
• State-of-the-art DOHC Engine with Electronic Fuel Injection & Ride-by-wire throttle response delivering 43 Hp of Power & 37 Nm of Torque
• Light weight Steel Trellis frame with KTM’s signature die cast, Open lattice swingarm offering precise stiffness & excellent flex characteristics
• 43 mm open-cartridge upside down WP APEX front forks with 170 mm of travel
• High quality gas assisted WP APEX rear shock having 177 mm of Travel with progressive spring and preload adjustment
• Cutting edge twin channel braking systems featuring Cornering ABS & Offroad ABS by Bosch
• Quickshifter+ for smooth clutchless up and down-shifting.
• Motorcycle Traction Control with lean angle sensitivity
Other Exciting Features:
• Multifunctional dashboard with full-color TFT display is bright and clear.
• Larger fuel tank with 14.5L capacity
• LED headlight and LED daytime running lights.
Booking for KTM 390 adventure is open from today i.e. 20 January 2020 at all KTM dealerships.
Follow the Owners Community on Instagram.