Last Updated on December 7, 2022 by motologs
8 Tips to get better mileage in motorcycle or car on road-trip.
There are several things you can do to improve the fuel efficiency of your motorcycle:
- Keep your tires properly inflated. Underinflated tires can increase rolling resistance and reduce fuel efficiency.
- Avoid excessive idling. If you’re going to be stopped for more than 30 seconds, it’s more fuel efficient to turn off the engine.
- Use the correct grade of motor oil. Using a motor oil with the correct viscosity rating can improve fuel efficiency and performance.
- Avoid carrying unnecessary weight. Extra weight can increase the amount of fuel your motorcycle uses.
- Use the highest gear possible while still maintaining control. This can reduce the amount of fuel your motorcycle uses.
- Avoid sudden acceleration and braking. This can decrease fuel efficiency and wear out your tires more quickly.
- Use cruise control when appropriate. This can help you maintain a constant speed and save fuel.
- Have your motorcycle serviced regularly. A well-maintained motorcycle will run more efficiently and use less fuel.